Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chicken Delight Casserole

This is seriously one of the easiest and most delicious dinners ever.  I just found the recipe in November and have made it four times already!  I never have leftovers either!  My dad, who is the pickiest eater I have ever met, coined the term Chicken Delight.  Let me know if you like it.

Ingredients:

  • One rotisserie chicken
  • 1 box of Chicken flavored Rice A Roni
  • 1 container of French Fried Onions
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 container of sour cream (8 oz.)
  • 1 to 2 cans of string beans


The sour cream is not pictured here or the string beans...but I did remember the wine!

Directions:

Step 1: Cook the Rice A Roni according to the directions on the box.


Step 2: While the rice is simmering, pull apart the rotisserie chicken.



Step 3: Mix together the Rice A Roni, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream.

Step 4: Mix in the chicken and lay it out in a sprayed baking dish.  I used a 13 x 9” baking dish, but the size doesn’t matter too much.  If you use a smaller dish, the casserole will just be thicker.

Step 5: Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  Take out the casserole and add the container of French fried onions to the top and bake it for an additional 5 minutes.

My fiancé dug into this before I could get a completed picture!  Go figure!




I think next time I'm going to add the string beans into the casserole rather than having them as a side because we always mix them in with it anyway.  Give it a try!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment