Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Will you be my bridesmaid?


WILL YOU BE MY BRIDESMAID?

Being a bride is a big deal, so why shouldn't being a bridesmaid too!?  I wanted my girls to feel special, so I handmade a little something to go along with the question...will you be my bridesmaid?  I think they liked it!  Hopefully you do, too!

A bag for each bridesmaid....



Inside...a folder with all the info they need and more!


How to make the bag:

You will need:

  • A canvas bag
  • 12" paper doilies 
  • Fabric paint (I used navy blue)
  • Multi-purpose spray adhesive
  • Exacto Knife




Step 1:  Use the spray adhesive to temporarily glue your doily onto the canvas bag.  I forgot to take pictures during this process, but it's pretty simple.  I placed my doily in the lower right hand corner.  Once the doily is secured, use your fabric paint to paint between the wholes in the lace section of the doily.  Once finished paining, lift the doily off of the canvas.  If it rips, it's okay, just gently pull any remaining pieces off. 




Step 2: I went on my computer, found a font I liked and printed initials for each of my bridesmaids.  You can size it yourself.  After you print your letters, use an exacto knife to cut them out and create a stencil.  Again, use the spray adhesive to temporarily glue your stencil to the canvas bag. 



Step 3: Use the fabric paint to fill in your stencil and then gently lift it off of the canvas.  Once dry, your bag is done!  You can stop here...or add the folder too!




How to make the folder & its contents:


You will need:

  • A folder in your wedding color
  • Some scrapbook paper of your choice
  • Edge print die cut (your choice)
  • A printer
  • Paint swatches in your wedding colors
  • Glue
  • Paper clips
  • Blank Cards

Step 1: Print your initials and wedding date on scrapbook paper of your choice.  Use a edge print die cut to create a lace effect on the scrapbook paper and glue it to the front of your folder (I used the spray adhesive from the bags to ensure it stayed).
                                         









Step 2: Create the contents of your folder.  Pictured below is what I included in my folder, but  BE CREATIVE! Do what suits your bridal party!   

"your dresses"
Info about their dresses with paint swatches attatched

"your role"
A little write up about the role of the bridesmaids
"what we're working with"
I included funny pictures of all the groomsmen






















 I included a personalized letter to each bridesmaid



Step 3: A large portion of my folder was the 'my girls' section.   I described each girl and wrote a 'most likely to...' for each bridesmaid.  I left out a picture for privacy.  



Step 4: Fill your folder with your creations.  I added a quote into the folder, "Friendship isn't a big thing...it's a million little things." -Anonymous 




Step 5: Put your folder in the canvas bag, make a cute little tag (I attached mine with twine) and present it to your bridesmaids.  I gave my girls their bags at my engagement party!  




4 comments:

  1. Really nice! I will be doing something like this for my bridesmaids. Would you happen to remember the font you used for the initials?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LaKeisha,

      Sorry for the late reply, but wedding was actually two days after your post! The font I used was American Typewriter downloaded from dafont.com. Let me know if you have any other questions!

      -Beth

      Delete
  2. Awesome idea! Did you use Word to create everything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete